ELEAGUE CSGO starts soon from the G-FUEL ELEAGUE Arena in Atlanta, USA. From the 21st to the 29th of July, we’ll see Astralis, Cloud9, FaZe Clan, Fnatic, Team Liquid, mousesports, Natus Vincere and MIBR compete for a prize pool of $1,000,000.
The ELEAGUE CSGO final is a B05, all other matches are Bo3. The format is a GSL double-elimination, two groups of 4 teams and the top two teams from each group will progress to the playoffs.
Major roster updates
There have been a few changes for ELEAGUE CSGO tournament, MIBR is, of course, the former SK Gaming roster, with Stewie2k replacing TACO (who is now playing with Team Liquid) and recently tarik who replaced boltz. Who knows how this team will fare, in ESL ONE Cologne they had a marginal win in their first BO1 match vs. Renegades only to lose 2-0 to FaZe. Relegated to the lower bracket, they snuffed out North’s chance of progressing by winning 2-1 only to lose to in-form team BIG 2 maps to 1.
Other notable changes
- mousesports replacement of STYKO with former Virtus Pro member, Snax. mousesports had 3 tournament wins in 2018 (starladder SS 4, V4 Budapest & ESL Pro League S7).
- Cloud9 lose Stewie2k and tarik to MIBR. stewie2k joined SK from Cloud9 in March, Tarik joined from Cloud9 in July.
- In March, right before Stewie2k left Cloud9, Skadoodle moved to inactive. Skadoodle’s back on the active roster, FNS is inactive, and now STYKO and Golden are standing in.
- Xizt joins Fnatic from NIP, replacing Lekr0 and draken replaced Golden. So 2 new players need to learn how to play together, but they at least they are all Swedish, so can communicate effectively.
- olofmeister is back! This is his first tournament since cromen stood in at ECS S5 in June.
Teams, rosters, and their ELEAGUE group placements
ELEAGUE CSGO, Group A
Group A initial games
- Astralis vs. Cloud9
- Team Liquid vs MIBR
How will C9 fare after losing tarik and Stewie2k to MIBR?
It is likely that Astralis and MIBR will win their opening games and face each other in the winners match, leaving Cloud9 to play Team Liquid in the elimination match, giving us a reasonably even matchup and a “NA” rivalry match.
Everyone thinks Astralis will win their Group and lock in a spot in the semifinals, leaving MIBR to play an extra match against Cloud9 or Team Liquid. If its Cloud9 then this could be as close to a grudge match as we can see, with tarik and stewie2k’s movement to MIBR.
Group A predictions
We hinted above:
- Opening match: Astralis beat Cloud9
- Opening match: MIBR beat Liquid
- Winners match: Astralis beat MIBR
- Elimination match: Cloud9 beat Liquid
- Decider match: MIBR beat Cloud9
ELEAGUE CSGO, Group B
Group B initial games
- Na’Vi vs Fnatic
- FaZe Clan vs mousesports
Na’Vi is on form after winning ESL ONE Cologne, but they need to be consistent and not rely on s1mple. In Cologne, electronic was awesome and flamie, and Edward had moments where they stepped up.
Fnatic has had two new members recently, but it’s a strong team with individually great players. They are all Swedish which bodes well for them from a communication point of view.
FaZe have olofmeister return from a lengthy break. Olof’s missed a few tournaments and its unlikely that Olof will get back into the game so quickly.
mousesports were doing well with STYKO, now they have Snax in his second tournament with them. It remains to be seen whether Snax works out long term with mousesports.
Group B predictions
- Opening match: Na’Vi beat Fnatic
- Opening match: FaZe beat mousesports
- Winners match: FaZe beat Na’Vi
- Elimination match: Fnatic beat mousesports
- Decider match: Na’Vi beat Fnatic
ELEAGUE CSGO playoff predictions
As you can see above, we predict that the playoff bracket will include these 4 teams:
- From Group A
- From Group B
Watch and bet live!
We’ll be showing all the live games for ELEAGUE CSGO at ESP, join us and bet on every moment of CSGO!